Thursday, March 22, 2007

thank you

i am in a trance. ambiguities... ambiguities...
today, your day, i live. And die, over and over and over.

i would want to tell you this,
now that i still possess the strength to reminisce you,
now that courage is still in my heart
to go back to the memories
that you so willingly marked my life with,
now that i know no matter where i will be found
from this day forward,
that i will never feel the same way
as you made me feel
since your path crossed mine...

it is not that you are the best that i have met.
it is that i chose to so treasure what we had.
keep it in a place where no shadows could darken it,
no frost could make it shatter.
it is not that you have given me the best that i had.
it is that i chose to take from you
what my courage would permit me,
and draw strength from it,
strength that would sustain my happiness and demise.

you have been my constant, not that i have been yours.
but that you gave me what my soul has been longing to have.
you have given me enough to know that i long,
i fly, i ache, and i laugh. you have given me peace.
you made me human.
you gave me the chance to know
what death could take away from me,
and what a single smile could taste like.

it is not that you are my knight in shining armour,
or that i have been the damsel in distress,
it is that i have learned to build my castles
and not fear that they are just made up in the air.
you have made me known the importance of dreams,
for what else would i have of you,
if not for them?

thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bah, i like this. form and content wise. no intellectual bullshits and all. ang galing.